6.13.2007

My MINI is GINORMOUS!

Juju arrived yesterday. I had to hike down past Pac Bell park to pick her up and I must admit, that is one gorgeous baseball stadium. The truck that delivered my MINI was not small. 53' was just the trailer. The cab had enough square footage to make most San Franciscans jealous.

Once the car was off the second floor of the trailer, it was time to drive her home. And that's when I realized how gigantic my car truly is. There was a delivery van that couldn't have been more than 4 inches from my left side mirror at one stop light. And there were many more close calls usually involving completely out of control cabs.

Juju and I scaled the steepest hill in SF to get to my building to find that the parking space the corporate housing office bragged about endlessly was basically a shoe box. She said it would be perfect as I'd have two walls all to myself. And as we parted company she casually mentioned I might want to back in. This took me 15 minutes. There's a reason it's perfect for a MINI. Two motorcycles would be too wide.

So, this weekend I realized I really actually do, no it's serious this time, live here. For real. Somehow my subconscious still believed this was all a really sweet vacation. And on Sunday, it kicked in that here is now spelled home. Was a bit of a shock to be truthful.

I have found a place to live. Starting July 1, I'll be residing at 438 Scott Street near Alamo Park. Victorian. Has a garage. Rent will be $1125. One roommate. Projection TV, backyard with a hammock, good sized kitchen. Central to just about all the restaurant and nightlife neighborhoods except North Beach.

This also means this weekend will be the IKEA trip. If a post doesn't come out of that, I'll be sorely disappointed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still can't believe you named your car...where did that name come from?!

EFG said...

From the movie Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil.

The old witch lady at one point says, "That's some bad Juju."