7.01.2007

Guest entry from Eric Sykora (Eamon's Cousin)

I left the East coast early Friday morning and arrived on the West coast Friday afternoon. When I arrived at the Oakland airport I had to find a way into San Francisco. I asked for directions on how to get to the BART station. I took the directions to the bus to take me there where I discovered I needed 3 dollars in exact change causing me to ask the nice ladies behind me for an extra dollar.

When I finally arrived in San Francisco I walked about three quarters of a mile to Eamon's office. When I was walking down Pacific I almost passed the small doors of the old fire station. When I got inside Eamon came down stairs to show me around and introduce me to his co-workers. And about 30 minutes after meeting the co-workers I had taken money from each and everyone of them. Thanks to the 2nd ever game of Wall-Ball.

With my $12 in winnings I was off to the San Francisco Giants game with Eamon. We decided to check out the iPhone madness at the Apple Store on the way. We stopped to admire the 1000+ eager customers ready to get their hands on the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then we met up with Eamon's friends Lee and Bart before heading down to the game. The Giants stadium was nothing short of incredible with it being located right on the bay. We also got to see Bonds 750th home run.

When we woke up on Saturday we headed around the corner to a good bagel shop. Then we headed off to Coit Tower where we got a good look at all of San Francisco. After, we took a walk around the city and walked through some cool shops and galleries. One shop looked like it was stocked full with movie props including a sweet oversize flash light used as a lamp. Then we wandered over to a Mexican place Eamon knew about where we got a Burrito that weighed almost as much as we did. After packing up the unfinished giant Burritos we were off to more exploration. For dinner we headed to a cool sushi place called Tokyo Go Go. They had a huge selection of fish which tasted incredible.

On Sunday we moved about six boxes and two suitcases to the new house. Half the boxes were dvds, which took us about 15 minutes to just sort them out by genre. For lunch we stopped by a cool pizza joint where we picked up a couple slices of pizza with a San Pelligrino Limonata to drink, the killer meal. We also got to take Juju out of her concrete cell in the basement. It was quite fun cruising around town with the crazy pissed off drivers flying by. After a day of moving we stopped by a cheesesteak place around the corner from the new house to grab some dinner. We took dinner up to a park on top of Alamo Square where we could watch the sun go down on the city.

This was my second visit to San Francisco, last summer I got to do a lot of the tourist stuff. This summer I got a chance to just hang out and hit up some of local places that I wouldn't have known about as a tourist. I'd have to say that it is a pretty sweet city and I'm a little jealous of Eamon's new home. I leave tomorrow for North Carolina, its going to be sad leaving such a cool city, but I'll definately be back for more than just a weekend.

No comments: