7.20.2007

I live in a bowl of Jell-O

At least that's what 4:42:22 AM felt like. My first earthquake. And a 4.2 one at that. You can find all the details here.

What's amazing to me, is all this information was up and available within hours of the actual event.

So, it really did feel like I was in a Jell-O mold that some kid was having entirely too much fun jiggling. No one was hurt. I think one thing fell off my roommate's mantle. It didn't last long and was fairly quiet. I'm just glad I wasn't standing up at the time.

But I do find it ironic that first earthquake experience was actually in Winston-Salem.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

That winston earthquake had me leaving my apartment at 5am because I was SURE someone had broken in. So, better you than me Mr. Jell-O. Glad you are safe. You do like to shake things up a bit.