3.04.2008

9 Degrees

Just got back from a family ski trip to Colorado. And one night, it was all of 9 degrees outside. This of course made for absolutely fabulous snow conditions at the two absolutely huge resorts we were able to ski.

I think John said it best: "You could take a picture of this but it would do no justice. A picture just makes it too small. You have to be in it to appreciate it."

Speaking of large, we also rented a Ford Expedition to handle skis, boots, snowboard and my over 6 ft cousins. I drove it to the airport this morning and that's just too much car. I know some people have 17 children but I'd bet the majority of Expedition owners definitely do not. But of course, I'm biased.

As for the skiing, much fun was had. There was one tense moment where one of my cousins took out the pretty girl on the slopes. Thankfully all were ok.

I had a great time skiing through the trees and the wide trails on various occasions. My skiing improved greatly over the course of the three days. There were definitely moments where I was sucking wind thanks to the 9,000 foot elevation change from my now native SF. The soreness in my legs is testament that I was working hard. And the lack of clarity in this post is further evidence that it wore me out.

On to the next adventure.

No comments: