10.05.2007

In breaking news, it rained.

I realize rain doesn't seem like much but literally I had not seen rain since moving here June 3rd. Plenty of fog. No rain. But, precipitation finally fell.

In other news, I think my partner and I sold some TV ideas to Infineon raceway. Not the ones I was hoping to sell. Not the ones she was hoping to sell. The campaign was a direction they had asked for. We quickly created a version that at least could be interesting. Now we have to make it great. And original. I think we can get there.

Also had a good meeting with a smaller client we are trying to grow into a bigger client. They are a men's barbershop but do things a bit different. When you walk in, it feels like a boutique hotel bar. High class, black leather furniture, big screen TVs all over the place. Basically a man room any middle class guy would kill to have. And most upper class guys probably do. Good hair cuts. Good conversations with real guys. They have big dreams and hopefully, we can help make the big thinking real. The gentlemen who own / run the business are quite smart and the type of clients agencies dream about.

It's cool because in both of these instances, I don't think something like this could have happened at my old shop. Too big for either of these clients. But that also has a downside. Neither of these clients have much of anything for production budgets. Which forces some really creative solutions but also limits some of the things you might like to do.

Most of my time has been spent lately on projects and clients which feels pretty good. I've been expanding the social base mostly by having old friends move out here. Three fraternity brothers have made it out here since my arrival. Another friend from Winston is coming out in a week. And the cool part is that I have people to introduce all of them too.

I'm hoping my time out here is filled with these moments of breaking news and firsts. I have my fingers crossed that new experiences happen all the time. So far so good.

No comments: