8.22.2007

My first Carolina fan.

I'm getting more and more excited as football season approaches. Carolina's last coach was a good man but it seems not a great coach. That changed when we hired Butch Davis who has brought plenty of excitement to the program.

Several of my fraternity brothers are moving to the area this fall for various grad school programs so I'll definitely have someone to watch games with. Now if I can just figure out where.

I also met my first real life Carolina fan the other night. Ironically enough, she was my cab driver. She had attended Carolina a few years prior to my arrival on campus and had been a Biology major. From the stories she gave it a good go but in the end she was made for other pursuits. But she couldn't have been happier as we talked. And she certainly had not lost her love for the Heels.

To keep me feeling at home, I'm co-hosting a pig-pickin' here at the agency with an Art Director who also calls NC home. SunDrop. Cheerwine. Pig. Slaw. Buns. All the goodness one could want. We'll sit on the roof in the shadow of the Transamerica building and show CA just how it's done.

So, now that I know there are fans here, and a bit of pig, that's just a little more of home.

No comments: