6.08.2008

San Francisco Profile #7: My man Ace

So yesterday was the going away picnic for my friend Alan Ezyaguirre. He's a friend I met through the roomie and he's off to Merry Ole England in a couple days. I'm bummed.

My parents have always said that I surround myself with good people. Generally they are correct or perhaps it's just the "good" are the only friends I introduce them to. Well, sadly, they won't have a chance to meet Ace. Padres are visiting next weekend. Ace leaves a few days before.

He's quite the genius. Does marketing for Apple. To give you an idea of the level, he's in meetings with Steve on the regular. Even got kicked out of one by him. Like the party loyalist he is, he never dishes me any good dirt on what fancy new gadget I'm sure to buy or what isn't. Won't even confirm the juicy rumors I find myself on the web.

To further his party loyalists tendencies, he wears the Apple uniform religiously. All black. All the time. Even his bike is black. His car is black. It's ridiculous.

He has a natural penchant for throwing out of control parties. And for some unknown reason, women thoroughly enjoy having their picture taken by him. Often in less than innocent poses and without any urging from Ace. It's quite funny but kudos to him.

He's also the first friend I feel I've made that is moving away. So I wish him luck even though he won't need it.

No comments: