4.15.2008

Oh yeah, I live at the beach

So this past weekend was one of those weekends anyone who doesn't live in California imagines is every weekend in California.

It was flat gorgeous.

And as I tried to figure out how to enjoy the blessed weather to the fullest, I came to a stunning realization. I live at the beach.

I'm so used to a completely different kind of beach, this was quite a revelation. Beaches in NC don't have skyscrapers. They don't have city right up against them.

So I gathered several friends who apparently already knew we lived at the beach and off we went. 30 minutes down the PCH later we were climbing down cliffs (another feature not found in NC.) It's quite the different experience but it's also quite the incredible experience. Watching actual waves crash against jagged rocks creates art.

On the downside the water is mmmmuuuuuuucccccchhhhhh colder. The only people in the water were in wet suits or dogs. My compadres braved it. They quickly complained of frostbitten toes. I demurred.

So, yeah. Nine months later, I figured out I'm not just close to a beach, I live there. Stunning the lack of capacity in my brain sometimes.

No comments: