2.13.2008

San Francisco Profile #5: 36c

I stumble across you on my way home. It's been a long day and I'm absorbed in the thumping beats of my iPod shuffle but the sight of you snaps me back to reality. There you are on the sidewalk. All by yourself.

A bra.

At some point, you were loved. For you are not just any supportive garment, you are frilly. You are pink. Maybe you are even Victoria's Secret. Yet after days and days of sitting on the cold concrete, you have become dingy. Lost that clear pink hue that once attracted someone to pull you off the rack and pay too much money for you. The only thing broken about you is your spirit. Your belief that you had a few more good wearings in you.

A sad sight to be sure.

****

It is the oddest thing. In this town, you will find random clothes on the sidewalk. I think I've mentioned the piles of clothes before. But this was the first time I have come across just one unmentionable. Just sitting there. Waiting to be talked about.

2 comments:

mikelite said...

so, where are the pictures of you wearing it?! I was promised pictures of eamon in women's unmentionables. why do I read this damn blog if there aren't gonna be any pictures of you in someone's disgarded unmentionables?!?

mikelite said...

odd timing, found just this morning...